Sunday, February 22, 2004

OK, I confess it: I miss blogging. It was a good way to stay in touch with friends and family, and since I closed the "Year in Israel" journal I've been sorry. The vanity factor worried me, but I'm over that: Worrying about appearing vain is vanity cubed.

"Found objects": Ruth gleaned in the field. The Biblical Ruth found an ephah of barley, leftovers from lunch, and a husband. She took all of them home to Naomi. I'm bringing a few things here to share with friends. Understand, given the fields in which I am gleaning, some of these things may have been laying around for a while. All of them look bright and shiny to me via the miracle of the second-career student: my brain is getting younger by the minute.

So, a quick update: I'm living in Los Angeles. This is my second year of rabbinical school, my twenty-second year of motherhood, and I'm about to have my forty-ninth birthday and begin the fiftieth year of my life. I have only five years of school, one and a half are gone, and there is a lot I want to learn and not a moment to spare!

No comments: